We are looking forward to a great Orange vs. Black Time Trials on Saturday! Here are a few important reminders:
What do I need for time trials?
1) Bring your hospitality item (see below)
2) Bring extra towels (at least 3), goggles, cap
3) Bring snacks for your swimmer including fruit, and protein
4) Bring extra water
5) Bring shade of some kind (like a pop up tent) and chairs
6) Money for the Shark Shack to purchase your custom gear! (Takes credit card)
7) Cash for the taco stand and Kona Ice
8) Arrive at 7am to check-in with coaches and volunteer parents
For hospitality items, a box of any prepackaged item or large ziplock of requested items will work. We aren't worried about "how many" as our volunteers are limited this meet. Keep in mind that hospitality donations are what fuel all our volunteers throughout the meet!
6& Under - Pre-packaged breakfast item (muffins, danish, donuts, bars)
7/8 - Pre-packaged salty snacks like crackers, pretzels, chips
9/10 - Fruit - washed, cut, and sliced in a large ziplock or pre-packaged
11/12 - Water bottles (large or small)
13/14 - Individually packaged treats (home made or store bought)
15/18 - Choose any of the above
Check your volunteer position here
Parents of 11-18 aged children, please help us take down the meet by putting away pop-ups, tables, blocks, chairs, speakers, etc.
New Swimmer FAQ:
Where should my swimmer sit?
* At the age group tent which will be located on grassy area South of the pool. Age group parents will ensure your child gets to each race.
What will my child swim?
* Time trials is a chance to get a time for every event. Every swimmer will swim short Freestyle, Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly, and one heat of each age group will swim IM. (This is to save time and to limit the number of DQ's.)
When will my child swim?
* As soon as possible! Our goal is to get everyone checked in at 7am and start as early as we can. AM and PM timers, please be listening for your timer meeting to be announced over the loudspeaker. It will occur during warm-ups.
How long will the meet last?
* We are hoping to be done by 2pm but that is contingent on computer cooperation, parent volunteer readiness, and swimmer speed.
Can I leave the meet with my swimmer?
* No. Please do not leave the meet without checking in with a Coach and Age Group Parent. This is what will be required for every meet.
Exception: 6&Unders may leave after Backstroke is finished
Is there a snack bar?
* No. We do not offer a snack bar. We will have the street taco vendor arriving around 10am. They offer tacos and quesadillas and are cash only. Kona Ice will arrive around 10:30 so bring your reusable cups if you have them!
What do I do when I arrive?
* Please help us set-up the meet! We need pop-ups pulled out, tables, blocks, chairs for timers. Many hands make light work and the sooner it gets set-up, the sooner we can start! We ask that parents of U6-10 aged children help set-up while 11-18 help us tear down at the end.
See you on the pool deck!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
We are looking forward to meeting the 2023 TigerSharks!
Like us on Facebook